Monday, May 15, 2006

Allergies- phooey!

Well, we're back. 3 1/2 hours and about 25 sticks, 4 blasts of Albuterol (still trying to get her off THAT high) and I don't know any more than I did going in. In fact, I am more confused. As it stands- no dairy, tomatoes, sesame seeds or peanuts. Egg white may also be concern- we need a blood test first. So- now it is 6:30, there is no dinner plan to speak of, I am feeling like I have a sinus infection and I just want to go to bed. The kids are outside with dad eating popsicles for dinner and I am sitting inside feeling lousy and sorry for myself for pretty much no reason.

That said, the no dairy cupcakes are actually pretty tastey! I froze a bunch for the bean to take to school on those "birthday" occasions. I need one of those cupcake takers http://www.cupacake.com/shop.asp for her to use in her lunch box. I found the recipe on the Crisco website (yeah I know, hydrogensassafrassemboogin oil), but I found a better one on this site http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2006/01/fluffy-white-cupcakes.html. I will try it next time I need a cupcakes! This is the coolest lady- if you go there, make sure you check out her other site- The Vegan Lunchbox- awesome. I am obsessed with this kid's lunch! I wish I could be that committed to health. I like ease too much! And people look at you weird when you say "we don't eat that". And I have a very low tolerance to whining ,which my kids are very aware of and use to their advantage! Let us just say that the tomato allergy is a non issue as my child would rather eat glass than a tomato.

Guess I outta go see what everyone is getting into.

No comments: