Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007

Happy New Year. This is it. Everyone makes resolutions on January 1, so here are mine. This is the year I take care of me. I have spent the past 7 years growing, nursing, nurturing and otherwise doing everything for 2 little people (and one big one). I know that I am at risk of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, due to family history. I really don't need much more of a wake up call. My father died last year and he was a mess due to his lifestyle. I have spent the past 10 months trying to change some things. I am eating way healthier than ever, but I am not pleased with the results. I still have a long way to go and I am not getting enough exercise. SO, this is it. I am getting rid of junk food in this house. Not that we had much to begin with, but I realize this family cannot have it around. I am already vegetarian with no dairy, but I need to cut out refined sugar (God help me there). BUT I did it once before and felt great, so why not do it again? Sugar is not my friend. I know this. Even Ozzy isn't getting enough exercise, so I need to make sure he gets walked every day. I am not sure how to squeeze it in, but I have to. Wish me luck.

I am cooking the traditional New Year's Day meal today. Black eyed peas are in the Crock Pot (my Christmas gift), and I have collards, corn bread and sweet potatoes to cook up. Maybe I'll bake some apples, too. Yum. And Happy Birthday to my wonderful niece, Heather! She is 29 today.

No comments: