Sunday, August 26, 2007

AMEN...

http://www.whitetrashmom.com/whitetrashmom/2007/08/white-trash-mom.html
There are so many ideas in my ADHD riddled brain that sometimes I have trouble getting my point accross. This summed it up. Sometimes I feel like I have forgotten myself, but see that I do have a reason for being "low key" and bland. This explains the "why" of it.

The similar thought applies to church. Yes, I get it that God loves us and doesn't care if we have nice clothes. I also get it that we are visiting "His" house and as a guest, I owe it to Him to brush my teeth and wear a clean shirt. My daughter doesn't wear shorts and flip flops, my son wears a shirt with a collar on it. I am not trying to put on airs, but I also don't want to stand out because of a lack of respect to others. Being tacky makes others uncomfortable and that, my friends, is bad manners. I hear you "what about conformity? shouldn't you just be yourself?" Well, yes. But if "yourself" makes babies cry and forces people to avoid you, then you might need to reconsider who "you" are.

No comments: