Thursday, September 08, 2011

13!

1. This time of year kicks my butt.
2. School has begun, homework has started to flow into the house, we are busy.
3. Plus, I have an all new group of kids at school.
4. Some of them have never been in any kind of structured routine. Ever.
5. Some cry. Others scream.
6. They tell me "no".
7. Many do not even recognize their name. Or know how to hold a pencil.
8. They will learn so much this year.
9. And then I will start all over with another bunch of fours.
10. Meanwhile, my own kids continue to wear me out/amaze me.
11. I think it is going to be a good year for Helen. I hope so; she is past due for a great year.
12. And hopefully, by Halloween, PreK boot camp will end and the real learning will begin.
13. And maybe I won't need a nap after school.....

No comments: