Thursday, October 26, 2006

Big Yellow Box and Vegan snacks

OK, so now my goal in life is to become the vegetarian Paula Deen. And I am hosting a Big Yellow Box party tomorrow. That said, check out the menu:

Chocolate truffles (my answer to Helen's "I miss fudge")
Mushroom canapes
Apple bundles
Crudites with creamy spinach dip
Sparking water

I am also filling our scary monster head candy dish with Dots, Smartees and Sour Patch kids. All vegan. Here is the truffle recipe.

AllerFriendly AND Vegan Chocolate Truffles

2/3 cup dark raisins
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate (Sunspire is good, but Giant store brand is also vegan, and cheaper)
2/3 cup nut butter (I use IM Healthy Soy nut butter or Cashew butter, depending)

Mix it all up in the food processor. Transfer to a bowl and chill at least an hour. Roll 1 inch balls and, if desired, roll the balls in jimmies or cocoa (I use jimmies to be FESTIVE). Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Makes roughly 2 dozen.

No comments: