Friday, August 12, 2011

13! (for friday)

Things I have learned on this trip
1. Folks in Covington have started driving golf carts.
2. I catch a second wind when walking- at about 1 mile I feel like I will die- 1 1/2- I feel like I can go forever (which is actually more like another mile).
3. I really NEED for my children to have a normal bedtime. For my sanity. I cannot parent after 9:30 pm.
4. My mother is crazy.
5. I usually miss David more than I expect to. This time I missed him before I crossed the Georgia state line.
6. I never get everything I want to do in one trip.
7. So too many things did not get crossed off the list.....
8. and too much time was wasted hearing old stories that do not matter.....
9. I always return home feeling very tired.
10. But I also feel very focused on the things I need to get done.
11. I need to put my marriage first- David is the person who keeps me sane, and he is the person who will still be there when the kids are gone.
12. I need to put myself as a priority- my health really is riding on it.
13. And I know who my real friends are.

No comments: