Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Holiday fun



We just put up the tree. I still have 4 totes of stuff to deal with, but hey- it will get done, grasshopper. My fear now is that the dog is going to eat/knock over/demolish the tree. The cat has already decided that BEHIND the tree is a nifty place to hide. Too bad the dog KNOWS where he is. We were going to buy a real tree this year. Then we found out that a prelit, metal and plastic tree that folds up like an umbrella costs 1/3 the price of a real tree of the same size. Who knew? Way to go, 8 year old Asians- you make a great tree. So, Walmart won. But I didn't actually go to the store and buy it, I would have prefered another store, but that is just me.
On the shopping front....

What the hell?! Yep, now your 6 year old can sport a tat. What's next Lee Press On Piercings? I think I'll get a fake belly ring for my kid for Christmas. To go with her tongue piercing and thong underwear. Who comes up with this junk and better still, who the hell buys this CRAP for a CHILD? I am not prude, in fact I have a soft spot for long haired tattoed men, but that is another life....... My CHILD doesn not need this. What ever happened to riding your bike and playing with Hot Wheels? When I was young Barbie was NOT a prostitute....have you SEEN BLING BLING BARBIE? Well, here she is....

Damn people- have you lost your minds? Parents- you have the right not say NO to the junky toys and clothes in the store. Complain, say I am not buying that. One day, your kids will thank you. I promise.

No comments: