Friday, June 10, 2011

I have never understood.....

the "born again" concept. It seems that many people feel that one must be "born again" to be a good Christian. What about those of us who were raised in a Christian home and never gave up our faith in the first place? I may have strayed away from going to Church, and have even changed my religion (from Methodist to Catholic) but never doubted Jesus, God or my faith.

So am I less deserving because I have not lived an immoral life and then sought salvation? I don't know- seems like one should not have to have walked a path of sin to be a Christian........... At the same time, going to Church all the time does not make you a good example of Christian values. I know plenty of regular church goers that are mean and nasty (even nuns and preachers can be not so delightful).........

Bottom line is this- believe in your heart that Jesus is your salvation. That is it. Live by His example and do the best you can to live the kind of life He would. Of course, you will screw up- you are human, not the Son of God......... but say you are sorry to all you have offended, including God and you will be forgiven. No amount of good will save you if it is done without accepting Jesus.

No comments: