Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Iced Coffee & Snow Ball Syrup Update

Tried my coffee this morning. I swear the only thing bad about iced coffee is that I always want another one. This was no exception. I followed a recipe posted by Pioneer Woman, but since I live in a much smaller place with no fancy glass coffee dispenser in my fridge, I made about 1/4 the recipe. Now that I know I like it, I will make a half batch next time. It is very easy to do. I put 1/4 pound of ground coffee 2 quarts of water and let it sit about 8 hours. Then I strained it in cheesecloth and put the pitcher in the fridge. This morning I used one Splenda, way more that a serving of Natural Bliss Coffee Creamer (Sweet Cream) and a bunch of ice....yum!

As for the snowball syrup..... I followed this recipe. I bought those plastic ketchup and mustard bottles (does anyone really use those) to put our syrup in. But, when I made the syrup, I was doubling it and (since someone had to come in and ask me 55 questions) I did the ratio 1:1, not 2:1.... not enough sugar. I went with it any way, boiling the syrup for a bit longer to reduce it. It actually worked very well- I think 2:1 would have been WAYYYY to sweet.

I promise I will try to locate my digital camera so I can add some ohotos soon :p

1 comment:

Heather W said...

Oooh! I have to try the snowball syrup recipe. We have an ice crusher thing that I love!!