Saturday, June 29, 2013

Dining room

This was my project for today...... the dining room.  I am determined to take this room back and eat dinner in it!!!!  This is what I started with:

The children had a large cabinet with doors that housed school supplies and things for crafts.  No one really does craft anymore, and if they do, I have the craft room in the basement they can go to.  Plus I had junk from my classroom that came home with me.



And this is after.  I still have plans for the room.  I plan to paint the desk/sideboard with cream colored chalk paint, the dining room table will be painted graphite or black.  I will also paint the wooden chairs. I have not decided what color.  Curtains will be grey and I will get new chair covers for the fabric chairs. Of course, I need to rethink the art in this room as well.  I have had the same stuff since we bought the house and am ready for something new.

I do still have a small chest in the dining room for paper, pencils, etc. the kids need for homework. The bulletin board will also be hung over it.  When you live in a small town home, the rooms must do double duty!

No comments: