Sunday, June 30, 2013

The "Green Thing"

So, what HAVE I been up too?  Well, besides trying to "declutter" my world, I have been trying to find ways to make our house work for us.  Not always an easy task,by the way.  I have been trying to find to figure out what we really need, how to store it and put things to good use......

Many years ago, in Boone,NC,I bought this green cabinet thing for about $30.  It was one of the few things I have kept from my first marriage (David keeps threatening to use it for a bonfire).  It was originally the TV stand. Then a stereo cabinet. Then a storage cabinet for serving pieces and wine glasses. Then  a toy cabinet in my daughter's bedroom.  Now it has returned to my living room to once again hold serving platters and board games (if I can evict the cat- he seems to find it homey).  Since my beloved cookbooks were scattered all over the house, I got them all together and put them here.  The shelves were on clearance for $12 each at Target.  The framed pictures are ones my children made for Mother's Day when they were 3 and 6. The Volkswagens are vintage Tonka that I bought for David years ago. When Helen came along we put them away...seemed like time to get them back out.



No comments: