Thursday, July 10, 2008

Clean clothes, doctor's visit and camping

The washer turned out to be a minor problem. The hose connecting the little bleach cup to the washer had come undone. The Big Strong Man fixed it and now I'm rockin' the laundry. Yeah. Now I guess he expects gratitude......
Helen goes to the doctor for her overdue well child visit (it is July and her bday is in May). I just dread going because of the whole growth chart. She has been consistently off the chart since she was 3. The curve has remained the same for 5 years, so I think it is just the way she is built. She could get more exercise and eat healthier, but so can most skinny kids I know. Overall she is healthier in most respects than our toothpick neighbor who eats pizza, fruit snacks and Burger King daily. It is sad that I stress so much about the weight of an 8 year old, as if lifetime of worry about my own hasn't been burden enough. I am pretty much sick of it and wish I didn't have to think about it ever again. But that isn't going to happen, is it? UPDATE- Dr. visit went well. She got 1 shot and barely flinched (better than the time it took 5 nurses to hold her down for an allergy test and blood draw). She is tall and heavy, but he said her weight gain has been consistent for years and is just how she grows. Make sure she exercises and makes healthy choices, etc. Not as bad as I was thinking it would be.
Lastly, we are getting ready to go camping. Yep, one day at home and it is spent getting ready to do the next thing. Fun. I love camping, though, so it will be nice. Just the packing and organizing part that is work.

No comments: