Friday, July 11, 2008

Is it really back to school?



Well, Target is already putting out their wares, and I am making my lists. Since I've got 2 this year, I am spreading out the spending and starting early. I just ordered Zachary's lunchbox. Helen already has a pink one just like it. I just get the bento box, not the carrier. It proved too small to carry snack and drink plus the lunchbox. I went with a softsided cooler type bag for holding it all. The Laptop Lunch system was pricey ($20), but if you consider that Helen has been using hers for 3 years now and I didn't have to buy a lunchbox ($12), plus inside containers ($5+), plus ziploc bags ($2.50 for 50), etc, it has proven cost effective in the long run.







Next week we'll go to Stride Rite and get these lovely school shoes.
Helen hates these things. Can't say I blame her- they aren't very feminine. Zachary already has pants, shorts and two shirts. We still need:
3 jumpers (if hers don't still fit)
3 blouses (I'll get long sleeved later)
1 gym uniform
2 short sleeved white polos (will need long sleeved later, along with some button-down oxfords)
2 ties
1 belt

And then there are the school supplies- what is a "flexible binder" any way?

No comments: