Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Happy Vegan Day

So, today is my first vegan day.  Why vegan? Well, it is a way to get one good day of plant based eating, to prove to myself I can.  Kind of like "meatless Monday" for some other folks...... I may add more as I get more comfortable- I want clean eating to become second nature (as I eat a peanut butter cookie).

Was today a success?  Well, for starters, I had not considered my morning cup of coffee.  My beloved Bailey's creamer is made of MILK (most definitely NOT vegan).  Also, I did not have vegan salad dressing and did not have time to prepare a vinaigrette.  So, not totally vegan, but not a failure.  So here is what I did/ate today:
Exercise:
5.25 miles on bike

Breakfast:
Smoothie- 1/2 banana, 1 spoonful almond butter, 3 ice cubes, 8 ounces chocolate almond milk.
Water (16 oz)

Lunch:
Salad- romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, cucumber,carrot, 1/4 cup kidney beans, 1 tbl sunflower seeds, home made russian dressing (contained mayo- bummer)
Kiwi
Water (16 oz)

Snack:
peanut butter cookie (not vegan either- I forgot)
coffee w/ almond milk

Dinner:
hot and sour soup
cherry vanilla creme soda
water (16 oz)

**yoga did not happen because David's baseball game was not at 6 and I had to pick up Zachary**
BUT I did pick up some salad dressing and coconut milk coffee creamer, plus sweet rice flour at the market!

No comments: