Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Clark's Elioak Farm










We made trip to the farm today. I love this place and I love the fact that they have acquired the items from The Enchanted Forest. This was the first "theme" park and was the big thing back in the 1950's. It closed in the late 80's and the Forest sat decaying. Clark's Farm was told "if you take it, you can have it" and they have been working for about 4 years to fix everything. It is pretty amazing. If you ever saw the movie Cry Baby (if you watch the clip, the forest is at about 3:16), the park featured was The Enchanted Forest. So the kids like it that we see the animals at the petting farm and I dig the Enchanted Forest stuff. Kinda reminds me of Rock City, on a much smaller scale.
This was Zachary's class field trip. He picked out a pumpkin that was green. He spotted it before the hay ride stopped and ran straight to it. It was so stinkin' cold, though. I am glad I dug out the hats, gloves and coats this morning. It was just cold enough to be uncomfortable. But, he had fun, and that is what matters most.


No comments: