Saturday, January 15, 2011

Yesterday...

did NOT go as planned. I thought I was going to be able to work in my room and made plans in my head, along with a list. When I got to school, there was a note on the sign in sheet- meeting at 9. That was basically a faculty meeting that lasted until 10:30, followed by a department meeting that took too long considering we only had two items on the agenda. 11:30 to 11:55 I was able to visit my classroom and spray down the table toys, play food and dishes and Lysol tables and chairs. Then I had to meet my pals {Cafe Hamlin has been upgraded to Hamlin Bar & Grill, due to the addition of a pool table}. 1:00 pm- back to school and an Emergency Preparation presentation. 2-3:00- back to my room to put away the sprayed down toys, write down the page numbers I need copied for the Nursery Rhyme unit I am planning. Then it was time to go. During all of this, I kept thinking of all the things really needed to be working on instead of doing what I was doing {and wishing that some people would SHUT UP}. The clean toys and Copy File are the only things I accomplished. That and the 3 bags full of socks, shoes, sweaters, sweatshirts, gloves etc. that I removed from the room, since they all belong at my house any way. Not how I envisioned my day, I am afraid......

On a good note- went to the mall. Tried on jeans in my size and they were TOO BIG! I tried on a smaller pair,and they fit- yay!

No comments: