Thursday, September 11, 2008

Can it get any crazier?

It is Thursday. Which is my Friday. So far this week, I have had:
1 very long meeting
Girl Scouts
3 karate classes
2 soccer practices
1 soccer game
10 library classes taught
1 dead computer (which holds the data on the entire library catalog)
1 pair of lost glasses
1 staph infection (which we originally thought was MRSA)
I have a stack of things I need to mail, karate and a soccer game tonight, phone calls to return, a filthy house.....

I haven't gotten the knack of being working mom yet, plus David has been away and I've had to shoulder everything myself. If I didn't have him, there is no way we'd be doing much of anything besides school/work. I've always said, some help is better than no help. Having David means one less bath I have to give, a little help loading the dish washer and picking up toys at the end of the day. It means both kids don't have to be dragged to everything that another one of us must do (it was 10:00 by the time we got home last night). It means I can run to the store and grab milk after the kids are in bed. Those little things are such a help. Plus I just don't feel so alone. I still have to do pretty much everything, but at least I get a little bit of help. So, to those moms that say their husbands don't do anything- how true is that really? Mine doesn't do much MORE than nothing, but it is SOMETHING. If he didn't, I'd probably have to set the sofa on fire.

No comments: