Monday, September 22, 2008

I thought Friday was my day off

So far I have only had one. Last Friday I had to set up for he book fair. The Friday before that I subbed for another teacher. This Friday I have to pack up the book fair...... Next Friday I start painting the living room. After that I am going to try to talk David into new carpet. Maybe I'll "kick over" a can of paint in the middle of the room. "Whoops- is it on the sofa, too? Right where you sit, hon? I don't know how that happened." It was installed in Jan. of 1998. So 10 years old with 2 kids, 3 cats, a dog, a nasty man and MANY, MANY spills (not just children, either) it is no longer green. It is more a very weird grey. And the sofa has seen better days. I would love to make over the room. I saw an ad in a magazine- the walls were yellow, the sofa was black and the chairs were a b & w check. I loved it, until I thought about black sofa + silver, black and white Husky= fur covered sofa. So I guess I need to stick to a multi floral.... Or brown. That can hide dirt. Solids are OUT. And I am the pickiest sofa person: no loose cushions on the back, no really big arms, no weird head rest thingies, no leather, no "snaggy" fabric, no light colors..... If I ever have more than 10 minutes, I will post pics of the bathroom. I also need to paint the kitchen. Which will just make my floor and counter tops look worse.....

No comments: