Friday, September 05, 2008

Yuck

My 8 year old has BO. Her shirt from yesterday about knocked me down. And she is not the only one. That group of third graders I had on Wednesday afternoon come to me straight from recess and boy, were they ever R-I-P-E! Must be the age. So, now Bean has some Tom's of Maine deodorant (apricot scented) in her locker. That way I can remind her to put it on. She also informed me that she scrubbed all her "stinky parts" in the shower and used Dad's soap last night. BTW, do you know how hard it is to find just deodorant, not anti-perspirant that is not MANLY scented? Hence, the choice of Tom's of Maine. But at Target, it was about the same price as the Teen Spirit.....
She is still putting up a bit of a fuss about the karate, but not as bad, especially when we "ground" her until her day's boxes are checked off. Grounding at our house means no TV, no friends, no games, no computer, no music, no outside. Actually, I won't even talk to her. Not having me to argue with takes the fun out of not listening, it seems. Eventually she gets bored enough to get up and do whatever it is we asked. So, she can choose to be grounded for 15 minutes or three (or more) days, until she gets her work completed- this applies to homework, cleaning her room, etc. and has, so far, been effective- but we've only been grounding for a couple of weeks. We'll see.

No comments: