Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Zachary!

I need to make cupcakes, but the presents are bought- Legos and Bakughan (is that how it is spelled?) junk.  And of course, he is sick.  He was fine all day- then at about 6:30 he laid down on the couch and fell asleep.  He feels warm, but not super fevery.  It is weird and creepy- I have not seen him sick enough to lay down and stop playing in literally years- about 4 to be precise.  But if he is sick tomorrow, he will have spent 3 of 6 birthdays SICK.  First, second and sixth.  In fact, I was worried I would have  to cancel his  first birthday party.  We'll see in the morning if he is too sick to go to school, but I am thinking he probably won't go.

He has also changed his mind about his party cake- he wants a tie dye cake.  He said he wanted a cake with all the colors on it and I asked if he meant a rainbow and he said no, like a shirt.  He doesn't want the cake to look like a shirt, though, just colorful.  So now I have to change gears and figure out how to make frosting look tie dyed.  He also has requested squid to be served at his party.  Not Cheetos or pizza- squid.

In other news, Helen was put on a 10 and under softball team.  There are a few that are her age, but about half the team is 4th and fifth grade.  She will be pitched to by a girl rather than by the coach.  The up side is that she will not play with kindergartners, something I am glad about.  She comes up to my chin (that is about 52 inches tall) and weighs as much as two kindergartners!   Plus, she can hit.  Hard (right, Jackie?).

No comments: