Tuesday, May 26, 2009

assessments

I received the Conner Assessment from Helen's teachers.  You would not know they taught the same child.   One reflected the one we see at home- restless, fidgety, avoiding.  The other indicated little was out of the ordinary.  The pediatrician is on vacation until next week, so I will deliver these before he gets back.  Then I guess we will meet with him and see what happens.

Am I doing the right thing?  I don't know.  I know that not doing anything is not helping.  She has her moments when she is so sweet and nice, then it turns as soon as you can blink.  I see and hear friends with their children.  The bond and adoration is clear.  They dye Easter eggs and make Christmas cookies.  They go on picnics.  The celebrate together, go to church and the park......  Whatever we try to do could be fun; it could very well be the battle of the century- you just never know.  No one that has joyful, easy going kids can know what it is like.  Some days my heart is broken in to little pieces.

No comments: