Friday, November 19, 2010

Sleep

Why is it that when I was young I had insomnia, but now I could sleep for 2 days if no one woke me up?

My insomnia started when I was about 10 or so. I could lay awake for hours. It was awful and embarrassing. I hated going to sleepovers or camp because of it. At camp you cannot get up and read or watch tv. You just have to lay there. All. Night.

After I was in high school and college, my mother would wake me up because she said I was wasting my day sleeping..... um, I had only been asleep about 2 0r 3 hours........... thanks! Plus I worked in a convenience store until 11 pm- went out with friends after, didn't get home until 1- you get the picture.....

I have lived alone often and couldn't sleep then, either. Even now, if the husband is out of town- I am up most of the night. Funny thing is that after I married him, as long as he is home, I can sleep. Wonder why?

No comments: