Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Free movie, broken purse and portraits



Today we went to the free movie at the mall. We saw Firehouse Dog, which was only slightly better than I imagined. But the kids liked it, along with the gummy sharks I smuggled in with our SmartPop popcorn and SIGGs of orange KoolAid (very healthy, I know). After this I lost Zachary in American Greetings. After finding him we mosied over to Penney's to pick up his 5 year old portrait, see to the right. While I was standing there in Penney's, my purse drops to the floor. Broken strap. Third one in as many weeks. I am getting frustrated with the purse quandry. I am too picky. Everything is either too big (I really don't carry much) or too small (I do still have smallish children), leather (dead animal- no thank you) or too ugly. I cannot find anything I like. Just a canvas bag seems so bohemian or tackey, the crocheted ones are to grandmotherly, fake leather looks cheap (usually). I don't want to spend too much (I am a SAHM, remember), but I don't want something totally cheesey. SO, after trying to look in two stores with the animals, I gave up and came home. Any suggestions for a purse?

No comments: