Sunday, February 15, 2009

Friendship

I am contemplating friendship today.  You know, the kind you think you had, only to find out you really didn't.  Then the person that you always assumed would always be your friend doesn't speak to you in a store, or at your own father's wedding, and you don't know why.  Many years have gone by since the dissolution of that particular relationship and I have grown up and developed new friendships, many of which are unconditional, even when we don't talk every day (i luv you, Erin).  But it still pains me to no end that this person has treated me this way.  I will never understand it, maybe not even if she explains to me her thoughts on the matter.   

Now this friend has shown up on facebook with an assumed name and I am baffled and perplexed by this.  Is she hiding, trying to avoid the past?  And if so, why did she contact three high school people, and not the ones that I would expect her to?  I don't know.  I really don't know.  I do know that in my lifetime I have been lied to and hurt by people that I thought I really knew.  The things  I have learned from this are that you don't truly KNOW anyone, and you cannot trust most people.

1 comment:

lorilei said...

Boy oh boy, can I relate to this one!