Sunday, February 01, 2009

sunday morning

The kids are at Grandma's.  We had Thai food and went to see Taken.  It was good- I like Liam, but it was a bit far fetched, but then most movies are.

So now we are sitting around with peace, coffee and Futurama.  We have to go get them eventually, but the quiet is nice.  On the weekends I usually have at least one extra child, sometimes two.  This is nice, but it will become creepy by noon.

I am still excited about my new position.  I am getting a lot of questions from parents and such.  I need to start writing an outline of the curriculum and maybe make a brochure for the program.  Here is my long, inflated bio I wrote for the school bulletin:

I graduated from Brenau Women’s College with a Bachelor of Science in Education.  Following graduation I spent two years teaching sixth grade reading and English in Charleston, SC.  When I moved to Georgia, I took a summer job teaching three year olds at Infants of Dunwoody, a day care center.  That summer position lasted 3 years.  It is there I fell in love with preschool. 

During my stay at IOD I served as classroom teacher, assistant director and curriculum coordinator.  I was also responsible for classroom materials and supplies for the center, as well as maintaining records for state licensing.   This prepared me for my next position with the Georgia State Pre- K program.  In addition to teaching my own class, I was responsible for set up of 5 classrooms and served as lead teacher.  

After I moved to Maryland I took a break from teaching to work with the Restaurant Association of Maryland where I was an administrator.  I soon missed the children and began teaching four year olds at Metris Companies.  After my daughter, Helen, was born I decided to stay home with her.  During my time as a stay at home mom I was very active with MOMS Club International.  I served two years as the President and was the activities calendar coordinator.  I also hosted many “kids in the kitchen” and “story time” activities for the children. 

Over the years I have attended conferences for the National Association for the Education of Young Children (to which I plan to renew my membership), completed training in the High/Scope curriculum, obtained my Maryland 90 hour certificate and attended many workshops related to teaching preschoolers.  

I am very excited about the new preschool at XXXXXXX.  I look forward to putting together a classroom and curriculum that will foster a love of learning, a sense of discovery and a development of faith.

No comments: