Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Home

I am visiting in the town where I grew up. I come down about once, sometimes twice, a year. Many things are different; other things remain very much the same.

Of my 42 years, only about 19 of them were spent living in Covington full time. I have lived in California, other parts of Georgia and South Carolina. I have lived in Maryland for almost 14 years. I have lived in the same neighborhood the entire time, the same house for 13. I was always very involved in church and other groups. Now I work where my children go to school. Guess you could say it is "home" now. Covington will always be where I came from, but the longer I stay in Maryland, the more it seems to be my home. I am less and less likely to leave. Would I if the opportunity presented itself? Probably. Would I go to Covington- can't answer that one. I do admit I wish I saw my family more, and some times I feel like I am missing something.

I am never homesick for Maryland though. So I guess the sentiment that home is where the heart is rings true. Home is where David, my children and my dogs are. Sorry to be such a sap.

No comments: