Thursday, July 01, 2010

Feeling better plus a food rant

I don't know if it was getting adjusted yesterday, being dairy free for 3 days, swimming and being more playful with my kids or what, but I feel good today. NO PAIN!!!!!!!! I had forgotten how it felt to not hurt all the time! I do know that I need to make major changes in my lifestyle or I will end up crippled by my lifestyle. There is simply too much at risk.

Sadly, everything always comes back to money..... How will I keep swimming when the pool closes for winter? How will I continue to eat better foods and avoid processed things (I don't care what folks claim, ten years ago fresh produce did not cost more than processed- now the more that is done to it the cheaper it becomes). Wheat bread costs twice as much; brown rice does, too.

See this , and this . This article has several cooks preparing a meal using a budget and food stamps. In case you have not yet figured it out, I am not a wealthy person. I am struggling like pretty much everyone else. Our family's income took a big hit 11 months ago. I refuse to give up the Catholic education I want my children to have, so tuition comes before many other things in life. Unfortunately, this includes groceries......

No comments: