Monday, July 19, 2010

What if's........


are a dangerous thing. One can really get lost in them. What if's are perfect; reality is messy. Even when you are happy with your current state of affairs, those what if's can crop up and bite ya when you least expect them.

I have many what if's- everyone has at least one. What if I majored in basket weaving instead of physics; what if I had said "yes" to that date; what if I never made that decision..... If someone tells you he doesn't have a "what if", he is lying. One of my what if's really makes me think some times. Things might not be better, but they would be very different, for many involved.

I am happy in my current place in life. I adore my children. I love my husband. I have the best job in the world. But I still wonder.......

No comments: