Friday, September 10, 2010

Interesting .......

I just read this article on Yahoo.com. Very, very interesting. Quite frankly, I am all for it. The problem is this: no one wants to go out to dinner/drinks/movie and listen to someone else's screaming kid. Am I talking about the cranky fussing of a hungry toddler who has decided his french fries were taking too long? No, I am thinking of the ones that are clearly tired, overstimulated and just plain need to be home. You know the ones....... or even better- the toddler who is allowed to hang over the back of the booth, throw food or just roam the joint while Mama and Daddy are either in oblivious denial, or watching as "oh so cute lil' Boo-Boo" takes over Ruby Tuesdays. These parents and their child ruin the evenings of many others on a regular basis. The only ones having fun? Lil' Boo Bo, of course.

And if it is a place of BUSINESS, which clearly a restaurant is, then the owner should be able to decide that babies and children do not belong in the bar, screamers are not welcome and roamers should stay home. Period. If you are getting your panties in a bunch about it, you may be one of the parents of a screamer.......

As a preschool teacher, I find most children fun. Most of the time. However, I don't want your kid staring at me, screaming nonstop, running amok and generally annoying me while I am trying to enjoy myself. Do what I did when my kids went bonkers- go home. Ask for some go boxes and pay the check! The world will thank you. And guess what else? Once your children learn they cannot behave like that in public, they will stop.

No comments: