Thursday, July 24, 2014

Camping 2014

We haven't gone camping for a while. I always take too much food, so I am trying to be more practical this time. Plus we have special considerations.  Helen is a (new) vegetarian, Zachary is always hungry and David and I are sticking to "real" food as much as possible. So, this is what I have:
cheese, boiled eggs, hot dogs (veggie and applegate)
chopped lettuce, chili, chocolate (for s'mores)
and "pizza chicken"


cherries,snap peas,cauliflower,peppers, etc- all washed and ready to use


bread, crackers, poptarts (Zach has to be on field at 7:15 AM,so sue me), fruit cups (no sugar),
apples and bananas,and marshmallows (also for s'mores- I am human)

Banana bread (I use Paula Deen's recipe, substituting gluten free flour mix from Namaste)
the master list- sorry it is sideways

And here is the recipe for Pizza Chicken Foil packs:

for each pack
one chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
Pizza sauce (try to find one with cleanest ingredients-I used Classico)
Provolone cheese
toppings- you could use anything- I used red peppers and spinach. olives and mushrooms would be good too)

Lay chicken on top of the foil, top with sauce (several TBS).  place cheese on top of the sauce and top with veggies.  Wrap into a packet. I froze mine and stored them in a zip lock.They will be thawed by the time we use them Friday. I also substituted Quorn fillet for Helen's chicken a labeled her pack with a big ol' H). I like these because they are soy and dairy free.  They also taste pretty good.

No comments: