Saturday, November 29, 2008

Craft Fair #4 is OVER

I have chaired this event since March 2007 (there are March and November shows).  This one went relatively smoothly.  I had a few people that were difficult and made my morning miserable, but everyone else seemed happy.  Our $ totals for the day:

$295- bake sale
  500- kitchen sales
 3300- booth sales

-550  less expenses  =    $3545 (since I cannot do math in my head that sounds pretty good.  Do that twice per year, I raise about $7000 for the school each year.  Not too shabby.  I have been up since 4 AM and arrived at school around 5:30.  It is now 5:21 PM.  I just got home.  I am exhausted and have a huge mound of laundry (AKA Mt. Washmore) to deal with.  I will not get to that until tomorrow.  I just want to take a shower and relax.  But I bought homemade dog biscuits, 2 headbands for Helen, a necklace for Helen, a tooth fairy pillow for Zachary, a "goodie bag" for each child, a "leash" for the DS Helen is getting for Christmas (it is beaded with her name on it and it tethers the stylus to the game unit), some awesome handmade soap (this guy makes soap and beer, what a combo, but he smells SOOOOOOO good).  I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of stuff.  A local artist does pen and ink drawings and he made water colored print of the Mary statue from the back of the church for Helen.  I am going to frame it before I give it to her.  She crowned the statue during the May Day procession this year and he saw it in the paper.  He gave it to me today- that was a nice surprise.

I am wiped out and I am going to go eat my leftover dressing and sweet potatoes and have a beer (Dogfish Head).  We went to this pub on our honeymoon and have been back on many occasions since.  Good beer, good food.......  They also make their own "beach beer", sort of a cross between root beer and birch beer.  

No comments: