Sunday, November 30, 2008

Weekend update

Today we went to church and to the Boy Scout breakfast.  It was kinda cute having my students fetching me coffee, lol.  When we got home, I got started on the laundry pile.  I am now on load number 4.  I have about 2 more to go.  I hate it when laundry gets behind like that, but I was too busy Wednesday (craft fair, cooking), Thursday (cooking, company), Friday (craft fair, kids) and Saturday (craft fair) to get much done.  So, now I pay.....  Speaking of laundry- here's a tip.  If you have funky laundry like I do (IE- the towels smell weird, you have a bed wetter, potty trainer, dog. stinky man shirts, etc) white vinegar is awesome.  
You put it in the rinse and it gets rid of odor and makes things soft.  I can never remember to go to the dungeon the put it in the rinse cycle, so I put the vinegar in the Downy ball.  Perfect.  
Now Zachary's cats and the towels
 smell lovely. 

I also spent 2 HOURS cleaning Helen's room.  That will not happen again.  "Maid" service will come in every Friday to change sheets, dust and vacuum.  So, Thursday night rooms will be picked up or I will do it with the infamous black trash bag.  Period.  

Then Helen and I went to the mall.  We got a package of socks, some "bras" for her, some lotion from Bath and Body Works (blueberry) and some nail polish.  She doesn't have many "girly" moments, so I take advantage when I can.  She is starting to be interested in clothes, but her taste is weird.  So that is my Sunday.  Now I need to fold more clothes and do my lesson plans.

No comments: