Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving...


Just got back from the store.  I still didn't get Brussels sprouts.  They were the HUGE ones and $2.99 for the very small container.  I'll have to go somewhere else to get those.   BTW- I had no idea what they looked like on the stalk until I saw them at Whole Foods a few years ago.  Pretty weird, huh?  See photo, right.

Here is our menu:
Appetizers- mushroom canapes, spinach dip, squirt cheese (started as a joke one year, kids expect it now), cranberry martinis (I will no doubt need one by noon)

Cornbread dressing
Green bean casserole (gag)(from Grandma)
Sweet potatoes (Aunt Jackie's recipe)
Grandpa's carrots
REAL mac n cheese (no blue box today)
Peas (for Zachary)
Pumpkin pie
Apple pie (my famous one, for Grandpa)
Spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (for Helen, who hates pie)

Now, if I only knew who was coming.  I have no idea if my brother in law and his kids will be here.  He may or may not have the kids.  Since his wife cannot make a decision without lawyers and chaos, I probably won't know until Wednesday.  But this doesn't affect anyone but her and Mark.  It doesn't affect the rest of the family (according to her).  

No comments: