Thursday, November 27, 2008

More "confessions"

I like movies.  Ok, so every body knew that, but my secret passion are those made for tv movies, especially those that are Christmassy and involve some kind of angel teaching everyone the true meaning of love and Christmas.  You know, cheesy.  Ranks right up there with crappy horror movies (you know the kind- lots of silly screaming, terrible effects).  Ok, there it is, off my chest.  Sadly, no one else in the house shares my feelings and I never get to watch them.

I also really like old tv shows and movies.  I guess growing up near Atlanta when Ted Turner owned a small UHF channel and could only afford to show I Love Lucy and Leave it to Beaver reruns had an effect on me.  When I lived in Summerville, SC, I could see the tv from my kitchen and I watched the Andy Griffith show while I cooked. (Here is  some nostalgia- I wasn't the best cook, but I remember making a mac and cheese casserole a lot- and fondue.  And you know you're poor when you stretch Lipton noodles by adding a box of spaghetti- AKA "fetta-sketti")  Again, no one shares my appreciation for old tv shows, cheesy movies and musicals.  So, I frequently sneak away and watch alone while I iron (at least I can claim to be productive rather than just doing nothing).

No comments: