Sunday, November 16, 2008

Update- Nov. 16

I am watching Ruby on the Style Network.  This lady weighs about 500 pounds.  She also seems to be one of the most generous, loving and caring person I've seen on reality TV.  She is very brave to allow this kind of footage of herself on television.  I couldn't do it.  

More updates:
1. My laptop is messed up.  The USB ports are damaged.  Most likely due to children dropping it with things plugged into the ports.  Plus now Internet Explorer doesn't want to work, so I have switched to Google Chrome (which I am liking very much).  But every once in a while, the computer will shut itself down for no reason.  I think it is overheating.  SO, since the ports are messed up I cannot download pictures to the computer- bummer.

2.  David decided he hates our sofa, so he dragged it to the dump.  He was going to bring the old nasty sofa from the basement (this sofa was his parents, we acquired it 9 years ago and it has not been sat on, cleaned or dusted since).  As we were bringing it around he says "it looks a lot dirtier in the sunlight".  He started hemming and hawing about whether to bring it in the house or load it in the car.  I was NOT going to let him pin it on me that we didn't use this old, nasty, dirty, dusty sofa, so I said "just take it in the house".  He lifted it and yelled "oh, God, cat pee- take it to the car".  HAHAHAHAHA  Yeah Fred (the cat I HATED that ran away 18 months ago must have marked this lovely sofa- hooray).  So I am delighted that we are sofa-less and using the cushions off the old sofa.  Zachary, on the other hand is crying because we don't have a sofa.  He doesn't understand I have a plan.  Paint the walls, get new carpet and sofa.  I plan to get bean bag chairs for the children and maybe a coffee table.  

3.  I am taking back my living room.  Zachy took all his toys to his room.  I told him he was a big kindergarten boy now and didn't need a pile of toys in the living room.  He can have one basket in the dining room like Helen.  Also, the "green thing" cabinet has been cleaned out.  I packed up most of the things in there, except the big serving platter and some vases.  That leaves the top self open for the board games.  So- games are out of sight, toys are gone, there is one basket for some books.  It will look so different in here.  My babies are growing up and it needs to be a family friendly room, not a baby zone.  I think they are also old enough to not ruin carpet and furniture, so it is time to get something nicer.

4.  Kindergarten is going so well.  He is the devil after school, but so was Helen.  He is so good at school and he is doing great.  I think he will be reading by the end of the school year.  He is mush more motivated than Helen.  He acts like the first born.  Maybe because they are opposite sex?  

5.  Today is our anniversary.  David and I have been married 12 years.  Wow.  Hard to believe.  We have been in this house 11 years.  We have had 9 cars.  We have lost a baby.  We have two healthy, beautiful children.  We have buried 3 cats, and had one run away (devil cat).  We have  great dog.  I have been unemployed 9 of those 12 years, and David is very spoiled.  We have been to every state on the east coast, and to Canada, twice.  I really need to have our marriage blessed by the church, but I am afraid to get that ball rolling.  I am afraid to discover that my annulment was never filed, and then have to go through that again.

I need to get ready to sofa shop- YEAH!!!!!  Maybe we can find something without fighting (yeah, right).

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

I can't wait to see some pics of the newly painted, freshly carpeted new living room. Yay for a new sofa plan!!!

Anonymous said...

I need a new sofa too. My $29 one that has moved all over Atlanta and to Columbus needs a assisted suicide. So moving one from Maryland is no problem.

Susan said...

hey- $29 is more than $5- remember that couch with the "sink hole?"

Anonymous said...

We had some interesting furniture. And some interesting use of furniture.