Monday, November 24, 2008

Does it ever end?

Guess what, doing what we were told is messing stuff up........The article  here says that driving less, buying more efficient cars, etc. is going to hurt roads and research for alternative sources.  I know my sister and I had a conversation about how when gas prices finally go down, people will go back to their bad habits.  This is kind of in keeping.  I actually agreed with what BO said in the article.  We do need to realize that this crisis can and will happen again if we, as a country, ignore it.  As my mama says- there are too many smart people in this world for them not to find another source of fuel.  I suggested poop, which seems to be in abundance in my neighborhood (no on picks up at the playground), but I was laughed at.  Maybe we can get those cool garbage cars like in Back to the Future.......

As far as the roads are concerned- the old saying goes- don't count your chickens before they hatch.  Don't count on unlimited funds from bad habits to fund the world.  Case in point, cigarettes cost SO much that people have stopped smoking.  Now the tax money from smokey sales are drying up and     everyone is in a panic in Maryland.  Well, don't fund your schools on the vices (slot machines, smoking, lottery tickets) of adults. I'm just saying........

No comments: