Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back to school

I had a four day weekend.  W went to see Hotel for Dogs yesterday.  I am certain that Dr. King fought and gave his life so that we may take a day off from learning and serving others to watch a movie in the middle of the day. 

As per my previous post I bought a new calendar.  I have always carried one (in high school it was often referred to as my "brain").  This and lack of to do lists are part of my problem.  (Spending too much time on the computer is another).  

The other problem is I haven't been taking time to pray.  No matter what your beliefs, quiet reflection is beneficial.  Meditation is merely quiet prayer.  It just may not be directed to God.  I need to focus, seek guidance and forgive.  I am stressed, it is effecting every aspect of my life and I am really just in "shut down" mode.   I don't want to do anything because I would have to think and thinking makes me mad.  SO, I need to get past this.

As for you, ****, here is my first step.  Matthew 12":17- Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody."  I am writing this on a card to carry with me to court.  I am not trying to hurt you, because it is not my place to punish you.  I believe that your lies will be discovered in one way or another.  It is my place to make sure the truth is told to the best of my ability and that a father is not taken away from his children for unjust cause.  As far as you and I are concerned, I must forgive you because if I do not I carry the burden in my heart and I am wary of it already.  I cast it aside and walk away.  I am done.  You have made a mess with your lies and now you will have to live with it.   

No comments: