Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day

I heard on the radio as I am in the shower getting ready for work that school is closed.  Sweet.  It had really just started snowing when I got up, but it isn't going to ease up and there will be ice this afternoon, so the schools went ahead and closed.  As an educator, I can say that it does make sense to go ahead and close.  It really is difficult to open for a few hours and then worry about shutting down, plus the safety of all the children and potential lawsuits (crashed buses, falling parents and kids, etc.).

Unfortunately, the next door neighbor is also off and showed up at 7:30 this morning.  And the bad attitude started already for the girl.  This will continue throughout the day and escalate until I am ready to scream.  I hate dealing with those two girls together.  Sometimes I wish we could just move.

UPDATE- The kids went ice skating with next door people.  They should be nice and tired when they get home and Helen has work to do.  Should be fun.....

No comments: