Thursday, January 01, 2009

Home again...

We got home about 8:30 last night.  We would have been home sooner, but Zachary yelled every time we passed a Cracker Barrel sign, so we finally stopped for lunch.  Then we had to wait for H & Z to play checkers.  It was an uneventful trip home, which is how I like it.  We took 85N home instead of 95N.  We stopped at a stand in Gaffney, SC and bought fig preserves, peach cider and Cheer Wine (cherry cola).  I really wanted some boiled peanuts, but knew I'd be the only one to eat them.  These people have no idea what they are missing.  Once upon a time I said I was going to grow Christmas trees and sell boiled peanuts and jelly in the summers.  And have a petting farm.  I actually had quite a plan.  But no money.....  The visit went well, my mother stuck to her favorite 3 topics (my father , my ex and herself) and did not stray- some things never change.

Any way, today we bought two gerbils- Snowball and Fudge.  I have my black eyed peas going in the crock pot.  Sweet potatoes will go in the oven soon, with the corn bread.  I still need to go pick up some greens (probably kale or collards, depending on what looks good).  I made a gallon of tea- we're all set.  The kids won't eat it though, so I'll make some nuggets or ham for them.

So Happy New Year to you all.  Hope 2009 brings you much joy, happiness and peace.

No comments: