Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Temptation....

is something I have been thinking a lot about these days. How does one avoid it? And if one cannot avoid it, how does one resist? It is a fact of life, from an early age. As children we are tempted all the time. We see things we want but know we shouldn't have. And it doesn't get any easier as we grow up. Adulthood brings temptations greater than stolen cookies, and consequences greater than ruining dinner.

I guess fear of the consequences is the greatest motivator. No one is free from being tempted. It all goes back to Eve and that darn apple. And we know that if we don't want banishment, we must resist biting off more than we can handle. I am far from free of sin. I do not want to avoid the very thing that tempts me..... I only fear consequences and I guess that will have to be enough.

1 Cor 10:13 (TEB) Every temptation that has come your way is the kind that normally comes to people. But God keeps His promise, and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond your power to resist; at the time you are tempted He will give you the strength to endure it......

No comments: