Saturday, December 20, 2008

Helen's Christmas card


Here is Helen's card for her class.   Plus she had little bags of candy canes, marshmallows and cocoa.  They were really cute- I didn't get pictures of those or the cute reindeer boxes I made for Zachary's class.  The memory card was not in her camera and I didn't take the time to put it back- sorry.  The teacher's gift turned out fine, too.  I found popcorn "boxes" in the Dollar Spot at Target.  I filled it with some shredded paper, bags of microwave popcorn and Blockbuster cards.  I think they were appreciated.  On another note, I always give the "specials" teachers a gift.  Did the same even though my kids are in the school where I work.  I, on the other hand, teach several kids who have a parent working at the school and got nothing.  I wasn't expecting anything, but I figured if anyone else understood, it would be another teacher.  No one teaches for the prizes, but a thoughtful note goes a long way.  The best gift I got this year- a piece of notebook paper signed by the 6th grade.  They didn't do it in class because it was the ENTIRE 6th grade.  They must have done it at recess or lunch.  It is hanging on my bulletin board in my office.  Kindergarten thinks I am beautiful, the sixth grade loves me and the fifth grade thinks I talk funny (they should have heard my accent 13 years ago, lol).

Now I am rambling again- must be the drugs.

No comments: