Saturday, December 20, 2008

I didn't die.......

but I tried.  I'll leave it as if anyone wants to kill me, morphine will do it and you won't need much.  Surgery went well.  As they wheeled me out they asked if I had any pain.  I answered "a little crampy" so they gave me morphine.  Hell, my periods are worse than that (hence the surgery, duh).  A Tylenol would have been enough.  So apparently morphine does not agree with me and I had about 15 Bradycardia  incidents and couldn't wake up.  I think it scared David.  They were even talking about transferring me to the hospital to be monitored while I slept it off.  What brought me back was remembering Zach had play practice.  If he misses the practice he can't be in the play- so I forced myself to talk.  I am just about in a freakin' coma and worrying about a five year old's play.  Any way, it woke me up.  The 3 bags of fluid they forced to flush me out helped, too.  And I had to pee about a gallon every hour last night......

I am feeling better today, even though absolutely no one called to check on me last night.  I feel so loved.  We are going to a reindeer farm today and breakfast with Santa is tomorrow after the play (Zachary is a German boy- he gets to wear his lederhosen and is very happy about it).

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

I am ao glad you didn't die!! And what a thing a mom to do....wake up from near death so our beloved child isn't excluded from being in a play. :)