Monday, December 08, 2008

Weekend Update

We went to New York this weekend. We stayed near Times Square, walked to Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, American Girl Store, New York Public library...... We got a bucket full of chocolate at the Hershey store (Zachary was in heaven). We ate Croatian food for dinner, and giant pretzels and knish for lunch. 

We attended (part of) mass at St. Patrick's. I was really irritated by the rude people with their big fur coats and cups of Starbucks parading through as if people weren't trying to worship and then depositing their cups all over the place inside the cathedral. Don't these people have any respect?  St. Patrick's is beautiful and I understand wanting to see inside, but if people are worshiping, show some respect to them and their faith and their church.

Here are some stats:
Number of times Zachary threw up- 3 (car sick)
number of times Helen had attitude- 2
rolls of film used- 10
number of firetrucks seen tying to get through town- 5
number of times woken up in hotel Saturday night- it felt like 23 (once was because of the people next door- they were noisy and I'm not sure which was more embarrassing- that we could hear it, or how pathetically short it was)

I forgot the backpack with my wallet, phone and allergy meds.  I really needed the Nasonex- city air and forced heat really does me in.  I realized that I am NOT a city kind of girl.  I like to visit, but I like clean air and quiet too much to live in a big city.

No comments: