Tuesday, December 09, 2008

My kids are so freakin' smart.....

OK, everyone brags about their kids in their blogs.  I am no exception.  So here's the latest-

Helen made straight A's on her report card
Zachary just read 3 level one readers to me, with very little help (he wanted to read more)
Helen is being placed in the fourth grade reading group (she tested high 4th grade)
Helen is doing fourth grade math and simple algebra
Zachary is just wicked scary smart.  This is the conversation we had today.

Z- (looking at a quarter) this quarter is 8 years old.
S- How do you know?
Z- It was made in 2000.  That's the year Helen was born.  It's the same age as Helen.  And three years older than me.
S- That's pretty smart of you.
Z- yes and I have 62 cents in my hand.  (AND HE WAS RIGHT!  No one else was in the car to tell him)  I can spell December ...D-e-c-e-m-b-e-r.

No comments: