Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cleaning, cleaning

I SHOULD be cleaning my house. Really, I should! But am I the only one who ever does? Yes!!! How do you get the kids involved? Does anyone have any suggestions? One child would help if the other one did. He stopped because she doesn't help. I even tried rewarding him, which only led to fights and arguing (between the siblings). The lazier of the two honestly does not know where to begin or what to do without me following her and holding her hand.... not the fastest way to clean! What do you other parents do to get some cheap kid labor?

3 comments:

Robin said...

I cannot lie, I do have a wonderful housekeeper that does the majority of the work, however, my daugther has certain responsibilites, such as maintaining her room and bath and she has been warned that any toys, gadets, clothing or shoes left around the house will be donated to charity.

Vee said...

We set the kitchen timer and we all run seeing how much we can get done and "race the clock." We do time for time: 30 minutes work, 30 minutes of whatever they choose. They like the race the clock.

Susan said...

sadly val, my oldest would spend 25 minutes arguing about whose stuff it was and refuse to pick up anything that was not hers. then take all HER belongs to her room and throw it on the floor..... sigh. robin- JEALOUS! if i ever have the money i will be hiring someone (although the actual cleaning is not the part i hate, it is picking up everyone's crap i hate!!)