Thursday, June 17, 2010

Creepy


Have you SEEN Toddlers & Tiaras on TLC? Helen is a recent addict of the show, and I must say, it creeps me out. I am not sure what is worse- the fact that these little kids are spray tanned, made up and wigged beyond recognition, or the fact that my kids think they would want to do this (yes, even Zachary!). Some of these girls have FAKE TEETH to cover up the natural snaggle-toothed, gap filled glory that is the beauty of a 6 year old!!!!

Any way, not gonna happen in this house, for many reasons. How much money is spent on these pageants? Besides the entry fees, one must buy some pretty fancy costumes. If one wants to win, there needs to be spray tans, talent coaches and a personal hair and make up crew. Are they insane? Do they know there are children literally STARVING in this country? That children are stalked because of online photos? Can you say "JonBennet"? But it like a train wreck- I cannot look away!

No comments: