Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day


















Father's Day is a tough one. My father died 4 years ago, but has been out of my life since 1997. This was his choice, not mine. I gave him every opportunity to know my kids, sent cards and pictures, etc. I even tried to visit a couple of times. But he had a new life and a family that he preferred to his own children. His loss.

It was not always that way- we were once close. I guess he thought his kids didn't need him once we were adults. But I still feel that pang of envy whenever friends talk about their Dads and how great they are. Their children worship Grandpa, there are parties and trips and sleep overs. My kids will never know my father- he never wanted to meet them. It is sad when a parent's wants and desires do not include the children he brought into the world........

For one thing I am grateful- my kids have a better father than I could have dreamed of and it makes me love him even more. Thank you, David, for being in my life.

No comments: