Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer PLAN


I always have grand ideas about managing the kids time/behavior/learning over the summer. Some of them pan out, others do not. This summer, I do have a new plan. My goal is to make them: earn their own spending money, not have fist fights, read more, play x-box less, retain the math skills they have. So, I have a PLAN.

Each child will receive a set allowance every week. Each child will either get paid extra to do chores, read, perform acts of kindness and generosity. Consequently, they will have to pay me to stay up late, play x-box, talk back, hit one another, have me do their chores..... Sound good? I think so. My kids like their money. I don't go overboard with allowances, but the upside of them having their own is that they learn that it doesn't take long to spend it all if they are not careful, they can save for bigger things and, best of all, they are not hounding me for snowball and candy money all the time. They are finding that $1.50 everyday for a snow ball (plus 25 cents for marshmallow) gets expensive if you do it every day. We will see how it works out. The biggest thing for me will be to make sure I get money out of the bank every week to actually PAY them!!

No comments: