Monday, August 09, 2010

Back to School

This time of year was always exciting to me as a child. New clothes, new shoes, fresh notebooks and pencils..... Some things never change. Maybe that is the real reason I wanted to teach. My children, sadly, do not share my excitement for school supplies.

Helen will be using a binder system this year. During her IEP meeting we were shown an example of a binder that a student uses at Glen Burnie Park. So we are going with that, plus when we get her schedule, we will make a cheat sheet of what she needs for classes and fix it to her desk with contact paper. I am supposed to buy a watch with an multi-alarm feature, but I am having a hard time finding one that is affordable.

I am not sure how things will be for Zachary. His supply list is very different than Helen's second grade list was. But I am excited for him- his teacher is great!

I do not have much time left to get ready and I need to get back into a routine. No more sleeping in! No more computer in the morning! I need to go shopping for myself, too. I need shoes that don't hurt my feet; I need clothes; I need to get organized........ Plus the home projects that I have not completed. Time to make some lists!

No comments: