Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Countdown Continues

Less than two weeks to go. Still so many things to do....

I still want to go to the beach for a day with the kids. Maybe Rehoboth. I can be there in about 1 1/2 hours.....stay all day and then drive home. Maybe one day next week if it isn't too hot (the beach at 100 degrees is not refreshing).

Bedrooms are not painted. In my defense, I have not painted because I need too many other things for their bedrooms. Helen wants a desk; Zachary needs a new dresser..... Furniture is too darned expensive right now. These are the times I hate the missing paycheck. Business is going OK, but not that OK. No "extras" right now.

I am so behind on laundry. And I hate the laundry room. It is cluttered and dirty. There is nothing attractive about that room. So I avoid it. Yes, I know I should clean it up, but it looks like something from that show "Clean House" and I am overwhelmed by it all. I could spend DAYS down there! The kids want to have a yard sale and I just want to get rid of it all with the least amount of effort!

The kids need uniforms for school. There were no jumpers in the uniform exchange to fit Helen and those things are expensive! They both need polo shirts. Zachary's have to have the logo on them; Helen's will still be covered by the jumper, so I can cheat. Zachary needs sneakers, too. Why are kids so expensive?

And finally, I need a haircut and time (and money) to go shopping for myself. When I start to look like my mom, it is time for a haircut! I also need shoes. Have you ever googled "orthopedic dress shoes". Not pretty....... They all look like something my father in law wears. Which is ok, if you are a 70 year old man. Which I am not.

No comments: